- Project Manager and Assessment Officer for a diverse range of subdivision and land use projects;
- Delivering expert planning advice for development applications, mediation and process matters;
- Providing expert advice in relation to compliance, enforcement and statutory requirements;
- Auditing existing use rights and subsequent reporting;
- Addressing Council meetings about various development applications.
John is a Senior Town Planner and a Director of Project Urban. He has over 17 years planning experience, including five years in local government. He specialises in complex commercial developments, residential projects and fast-track (risk-smart) development applications. John has specialist knowledge of legislation and planning scheme interpretation, which he uses to advise clients on strategy formulation.
- Oct 2019 – Current: Director, Project Urban
- Feb 2016 – Oct 2019: Associate/Senior Planner, Project Urban, Alexandra Headland
- 2006 – Jan 2016: Senior Town Planner, DFS Group,Maroochydore
- 2005 – 2006: Development Assessment Officer, Horsham District Council, West Sussex, Unit Kingdom
- 2003 – 2005: Planning Officer, Maroochy Shire Council
- 2002 – 2003: Planning Officer, Redland Shire Council,
- Lead role in Mirvac’s approval of its redevelopment of Kawana Shoppingworld including 18,000m2 of additional retail floor space including a new supermarket, cinemas, mini majors, specialty shops and alfresco dining
- Lead role in the further development and master planning of Australia Zoo
- Ongoing involvement in the Emporio mixed use development within Sunshine Cove which includes 234 apartments and 9,000m2 of commercial floor space
- Lead role in a commercial development approval at 8 Maroochydore Road, Maroochydore. The approval allows approximately 1,600m2 of commercial and retail floor space including two drive through tenancies and a roof top bar.
- Obtaining numerous approvals for industrial developments across the Sunshine Coast.
- Obtaining approval for numerous apartment projects in Maroochydore including Mosaic’s Avalon development and Walter Iezzi’s Opal development
- Obtaining approval for Cube’s Picasso development in Mooloolaba and Cube’s Beach Life development in Alexandra Headland
- Approvals for numerous apartment projects in the Kawana Waters and Pelican Waters master planned areas