- Project Manager and Assessment Officer for a diverse range of subdivision and land use projects;
- Delivering expert planning advice for development applications, mediation and process matters;
- Providing expert advice in relation to compliance, enforcement and statutory requirements;
- Auditing existing use rights and subsequent reporting;
- Addressing Council meetings about various development applications.
John is a Senior Town Planner and an Associate of Project Urban. He has over fourteen years planning experience, including five years in local government development assessment. John has worked for the Redland Shire Council, the former Maroochy Shire Council and Horsham District Council (West Sussex UK). John is experienced in a variety of applications, including urban and rural land subdivision and change of use (including residential, commercial and industrial land uses). He has strong statutory experience with an interest in environmental planning and urban design.
- Feb 2016 – Current: Associate/Senior Planner, Project Urban, Alexandra Headland
- 2006 – Jan 2016: Senior Town Planner, DFS Group,Maroochydore
- 2005 – 2006: Development Assessment Officer, Horsham District Council, West Sussex, Unit Kingdom
- 2003 – 2005: Planning Officer, Maroochy Shire Council
- 2002 – 2003: Planning Officer, Redland Shire Council,
- Approvals for Coles supermarkets and mixed use developments in the Nambour and Sippy Downs Town Centres
- Lead role in Mirvac’s approval of its $73M redevelopment of Kawana Shoppingworld including 9,000m2 of additional retail with a new supermarket, mini majors, specialty shops and alfresco dining.
- A significant mixed use development of 128 apartments and 13,000m2 commercial/retail, (“Emporio”) within Sunshine Cove;
- Ongoing work for Mary Harbour, a master planned development on the river at Maryborough comprising 5,000m2 of commercial space, 1,800 dwellings and a 250-berth marina with hotel.
- Obtaining approval for over 300 apartments within 3 individual developments on Kawana Island;
- MCU approval for the Wondoan camp, a modern, 800 person mining camp for Shadforth Property Developments
- An ongoing application for a master planned community on a 90 hectare property (500 dwellings) in an emerging urban area at Hervey Bay for Vitwood
- Research and preparing evidence in mediation and appeal