- 2010 – present: sub-committee member, UDIA (Sunshine Coast Branch)
- 2009: Committee Member, UDIA (Sunshine Coast Branch)
- Ongoing: Member, Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
- Ongoing:Member, Queensland Environmental Law Association
Peter has extensive planning experience through involvement in a wide range of master planning and urban design projects across the State. Many of these projects have been large-scale and complex where strategic advice about the legislation maze has been paramount to success. Peter is regularly asked to provide input on development feasibilities and site selection.Peter is renowned as a project manager with exceptional skill and expertise in negotiating projects both at a local and State government level.
- Feb 2016 to current: Director, Project Urban, Alexandra Headland
- May 2001 to Jan 2016: Director, DFS Group, Maroochydore (merged in Feb 2016 with KHA to become Project Urban)
- 1997-2001: Principal Town Planner, Interplan Consultants Pty Ltd
- 1994-1997: Manager, PMM (Sunshine Coast)
- 1989-1994: Town Planner, Schomburgk & Partners Pty Ltd
- Coolum Ridges a contemporary urban project from initial master planning to a comprehensive preliminary approval on a 180 hectare property in Peregian (for KKP Residential Developments).
- Dundowran Beach: Site analysis and planning for an integrated residential community on a 200 hectare property on the beach front at Dundowran Beach (for Leda).
- Lakefront: an application for a master-planned community ona 90 hectare property (500 dwellings) in an emerging urban area at Hervey Bay (for Vitwood).
- Emporio, Sunshine Cove: A significant mixed use development 240 apartments and 13000m2 of commercial and retail floor area.
- Rumba Resort, Caloundra – a large mixed use development at Bulcock Beach, under the provisions of the Superseded Planning Scheme
- Clermont Estate: a 265 lot traditional residential estate,intended to be developed by the local authority over a number of stages.
- M1 Mixed Use resort: an elegant 12 storey mixed-use development in Maroochydore with 77 units and 1300m² of shopping and commercial floor space at ground level.
- Kawana Island unit developments: Principle planner for approximately 1000 apartments within numerous individual developments.
- Chancellor Park Retirement Village: large scale (250 – 900 units) villages throughout the Sunshine Coast.