- Ongoing: Member of Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
- Property Council: Sunshine Coast Committee
Mick is a highly regarded Town Planner with over 25 years experience in the private and public sector. Mick has a wealth of experience in leading negotiations on complex development applications involving a mix of land uses within the urban fabric. He prepares planning strategies that maximise returns for his clients and provides comprehensive advice on the development potential of sites. With more than two decades of experience, including time with a leading planning practice in London, Mick loves to lead project teams with an approach which is systematic, detailed and thorough.
- 2016-current: Director, Project Urban
- 2012-2016: Director, DFS Group Maroochydore
- 2004-2012: Associate Director and Planning Manager of
Dillon Folker Stephens, Maroochydore
- 1998-2004: Associate Director, The Halpern Partnership Ltd,
- 1997-1998: Senior Planner, Carpenter Planning Consultants,
- 1996-1997: Planning Officer, Environment Department,
Tasmania (1 year job swap)
- 1991-1997: Assistant Planner, London Borough of
- Material change of use for intensive horticultural, rural, workers accommodation at Yandina Bli Bli Road. The approval included glasshouses with a total floor area 16 hectares and accommodation for up to 20 people
- Material change of use application for intensive horticulture on Bunya Road Yandina. The approved buildings had a combined floor area of 8 hectares and exceeded the Council’s preferred maximum building heights.
- Cosmopolitan: Material change of use for mixed use development on Cotton Tree Esplanade. The development includes 144 residential units and a mix of commercial use at ground floor level
- Oaks Hotels & Resorts Pty Ltd: Material change of use approval for 144 bedroom hotel, 79 Goondoon Street, Gladstone
- Doonella Street Tewantin: Material change of use for a mixed use development comprising of 10 residential units and commercial tenancies
- Big Top Shopping Complex: Redevelopment of this Maroochydore site to include residential and office towers (up to 20 storeys), large scale retail, civic plazas, creek-side boulevards and pedestrian areas.
- Lion Plaza, London: Master planning and development approval and a 23,250m2 office development in the City of London.
- St Andrew’s Anglican College, Peregian Springs: Master planning and development approvals. The master plan, which is being implemented incrementally, provides a 10 year plan for the expansion of the College
- The Luther Heights Youth Camp: Material change of use to extend to 430 beds and approval for a new master plan for the site
- QCCC, Mapleton: Material change of use to extend the existing site and to provide additional space for outdoor recreation and educational activities