- Ongoing: Member of Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
Mick has a wealth of experience in leading negotiations on complex development applications involving a mix of land uses within the urban fabric. He prepares planning strategies that maximise returns for his clients and provides comprehensive advice on the development potential of sites. With two decades of experience, including time with a leading planning practice in London, Mick loves to lead project teams with an approach which is systematic, detailed and thorough.
- 2016-Current: Director, Project Urban
- 2012-2016: Director, DFS Group Maroochydore
- 2004-2012: Associate Director and Planning Manager of
Dillon Folker Stephens, Maroochydore
- 1998-2004: Associate Director, The Halpern Partnership Ltd,
- 1997-1998: Senior Planner, Carpenter Planning Consultants,
- 1996-1997: Planning Officer, Environment Department,
Tasmania (1 year job swap)
- 1991-1997: Assistant Planner, London Borough of
- Material change of use for Cosmopolitan, a mixed use development on Cotton Tree Esplanade. The development includes 144 residential units and a mix of commercial use at ground floor level.
- Master Planning and development approvals for “Coolum Ridges” urban development, comprising 175ha of land northwest of Coolum. Proposed uses include up to 1500 residential dwellings; village shopping; open spaces; community and educational facilities. The Codes and Tables we developed for this project have been adopted by Council to guide future development in the area.
- Material change of use approval for Tourist Facility including motel, caravan & cabin accommodation, catering premises, shop, indoor & outdoor recreation & conference room, Captain Cook Drive, Agnes Water
- Material change of use approval for 144 bedroom hotel for Oaks Hotels & Resorts Pty Ltd, 79 Goondoon Street, Gladstone.
- Master planning and development approval for Plough Lane, London, a 570 unit residential development with retail and commercial uses on the site of the former Wimbledon Football Club.
- Redevelopment of Maroochydore’s Big Top shopping complex to include residential and office towers (up to 20 storeys), large scale retail, civic plazas, creek-side boulevards and pedestrian areas.
- Master planning and development approval for Lion Plaza, London, and a 23,250m2 office development in the City of London.
- Master planning and development approvals for St Andrew’s Anglican College, Peregian Springs. The master plan, which is being implemented incrementally, provides a 10 years plan for the expansion of the College.